Corona conditions

Info about Corona and your Sailingholiday


Special conditions if you book for summer 2021

8 june 2020 It's time! We can go sailing again!

Good news for your sailing holiday in Sardinia!

Second payment and flying

Personal message

Info exitstrategies various countries

Special 'Corona' conditions.

Charter companies and brokers see the future positively!



For this selection there is also 100 % refund for cancellation due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations or rescedule your sailingholiday to a later date.

early booking discount, up to 28 %
0 % down payment
20 % down payment no later than 15.01.2021
80 % payment 28 days before charter starts
This season has shown us that spending your holiday on a yacht is safest form of vacation. This is also proven by result of less than 1 per thousand of Covid-19 infected people among water sports enthusiasts in Croatia during this season.

Special conditions for bookings for summer 2021

The summer is almost over and then a lot of people start thinking about what they want to do next year.

In connection with Corona, we can imagine that you're not sure if you'd like to book for next year.

Because, what happens if the virus doesn't come under control?
Do I have to pay 50% now?

We understand that there are questions and uncertainties and that is why we would like to help.

We are now discussing with all our partners to find a solution to this. A lower deposit and immediate conditions on what happens in case of flight cancellation, borders close, illness etc.

Don't wait to request a quote because in this time you will get the highest early booking discounts. Make use of that and we will make a proposal with special payment terms that are valid as long as the Corona Virus is still among us.

8 june 2020

It's time! We can go sailing again!

This weekend our flotilla leaders arrived in Sardinia, a great trip by car and ferry via Livorno. They are now going to make all the preparations to start the flotilla from July 1st!

And also in Croatia and Greece all sailing holidays continue. In Turkey, restrictions on sailing charters have also been lifted and international flights will start on 10 June. There is no need for quarantine for these countries either!

This means that no more use can be made of changing the data to a later date or next year. The charter companies are no longer cooperating with this.

Only in the event of that borders close again and you cannot travel to your destination you will receive a voucher and you can change the date.

We notice that there are some hesitations and that it is exciting now that it is suddenly allowed again.
In foreign countries all people wear masks when you can not keep the distance of 1,5 meter, people keep a good distance from each other. In shops, the number of visitors is counted and only a limited number of people are allowed in. 

The rental companies all have very strict protocols regarding disinfection and also how the check-in procedure goes. Everything happens online as much as possible before the holiday starts. At the ports there are strict rules to prevent it from getting too crowded. Check in on board only with one person. Before you leave, you will receive all this information from us.

Good news for your sailing holiday in Sardinia!

We have heard from the chartercompanies that from June 3 it is possible to start sailing again. The Italian government has lifted the travel restrictions and the charter companies are also happy to welcome you.

From June 15, Olbia airport will be open again for all flights, national and international.

Easyjet and other airlines will also fly again, and you can also travel by car and ferry.

Our flotilla leaders will be back in Sardinia from June 6 and they are also looking forward to welcome you.

The charter companies have taken measures to guarantee safety such as cleaning of sailing yachts with an Ozone procedure, different check-in procedures at the base in the open air, a Covid free waiting zone and sufficient disinfection gel, masks and gloves, etc.


Second payment and flying

One of the most frequently asked questions at the moment is the following. What happens if we cannot reach the country were we booked a holiday and how should we handle the second payment?

We can say the following about this: on your invoice you can see that we ask for the second payment 60 days in advance, but you can wait until four weeks before departure. Then we probably also know if you can go sailing and then you know whether you can pay or if you pay at a later moment.

Will we be able to fly to our destination. Unfortunately we can not answer this. There are companies that indicate on their website that they can say more at the end of May, so all tickets are canceled until the end of May. KLM is already flying, but that is more for people who want to fly back to their homes. It is very difficult for us to give advice about this, so keep an eye on the website of the various companies and as soon as we have news we will put that on our website and inform you about it, but of course hope that everyone can go sailing soon. Let's hope we have some good news soon.

Just  got some news from the European Commission to make a decision about whether or not to open airspace within the European Union by the 13th of May!!

Listen to our personal message for you.

Info exitstrategies various countries

Article exit strategy Croatia Article exitstrategy GreeceArticle exit strategy Italy

Special 'Corona' conditions.

The following special conditions are used by most charter companies.

If you have already booked and your sailingholiday will start within 2 months, ask us for the exact conditions!

For charters already booked: the balance payment can usually be paid later.

You can also decide to move the date of your sailing holiday to a later time in 2020. Your paid balance will of course remain reserved for you.
On the basis of available sailing yachts, it will be determined whether the same sailing yacht is available or whether you can choose a different sailing yacht. Any price difference will be charged.
The price discount on the original booking will be honoured.

Some charter companies even offer the option of moving your sailing holiday to 2021.

However, there is a condition that the charter must be paid in full after written revision of the charter agreement. Any price difference related to another week or other sailing yacht will be charged.

Please note that cancellation afterwards is not possible.

The above regulations apply in case official travel restrictions are valid!

For new bookings, a lower down payment and payment of the balance at a later time may apply.


Charter companies and agents see the future positively!

April 22 we participated in a webinar for charter companies and brokers. Both parties are dealing with the consequences of the Corona crisis. Despite the uncertain times, everyone is actually positive and are ready to welcome the customers for a wonderful sailing holiday.

Everyone is looking forward to mid-May when the travel restrictions may be lifted.

Good agreements have been made with the brokers about how the sailing trips can be moved or what the vouchers should look like.

Both parties are very flexible to re-schedule sailing trips to this year or next year for free.

The governments of the countries where the charter companies are located all have support measures to support the companies. For example, the Croatian government gives compensation to every employee so that the charter companies have less salary costs and can invest this money in the ships. The tourism sector will be opened first, and certainly the rental of sailing yachts, because it is the safest environment given the 1.5 meter requirements and fresh sea air.

Charter companies are preparing to disinfect yachts properly after each charter, for example disinfection with Ozone technology.

We experience it as a good meeting with positive energy and we would like to inform you about this.

© 2021 GoFunSailing - Terms of use - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Website by PingOnline